What We Value
Lodi Community Church values and emphasizes
Knowing and Obeying God’s Word (Matthew 28:20; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 4:2-3)
- Faith comes through hearing the God’s Word about Christ, accepting its truth and acting on its mandate.
- We believe that Christ-followers should yearn for continuous spiritual growth through personal and corporate study, application, and obedience of God’s word.
- We value expository teaching for spiritual transformation which often happens best in smaller settings.
Praise and Worship (Hebrews 3:15; Luke 4:8; John 4:23-24; Romans 12:1)
- Praise is the natural response of heart-felt thanksgiving and joyful recounting of all God has done for us.
- Worship adores God for who He is leading to a lifestyle of humble surrender to His control.
- Through worship we realign our priorities with God’s and acknowledge Him as the rightful Lord of our lives.
Holy Spirit Dependence (John 14:26; 16:7-11; Acts 1:8)
- The Holy Spirit reveals truth, enables us to understand and apply God’s Word, leads us and equips us to serve.
- The Holy Spirit empowers us to overcome temptation and transforms us into the image of Christ.
- The Holy Spirit empowers us to be effective witnesses for Christ leading us to take faith-filled risks.
Prayer (Jeremiah 33:3; John 16:23-24; 1 Timothy 2:1-2, 8
- Prayer is the primary work of God’s people. Nothing of lasting value can be accomplished without it.
- The ministries of this church will be characterized by a dependence upon God through prayer.
- We are committed to pray for one another, our community and the world.
Authentic Biblical Community (John 13:34-35; Romans 12:2-21; Colossians 3:12-17)
- We believe authentic loving relationships should permeate every aspect of family and church life.
- Everything we have belongs to God and we are His stewards of our time, talent, and possessions for His glory.
- We are committed to the unity of the church and the spiritual growth and well-being of all believers.
Missional Living (Matthew 28:18-20; Colossians 4:5-6; 1 Peter 3:15-16)
- God’s message of forgiveness through Christ is most effectively conveyed in the context of personal relationships. That is why God has placed us in the families, neighborhoods, work places and schools He has.
- We live so others can see the love of Jesus in our lives, hear us speak of Him freely and be drawn to Him.
- We are motivated by the fact that Christ will return when we have completed His Great Commission. This gives our Kingdom work a compelling sense of urgency!
Godly Leadership (Ephesians 4:1-16; Philippians 2:1-5; Colossians 3:1-15)
- Genuine Christ-like leadership should be modeled in both in the home and the church by men and women alike who live and speak the truth in love.
OUR HEART FOR EVERY PERSON IS:
TO KNOW CHRIST,
As Savior, Sanctifier, Healer and Coming King
TO BE KNOWN AS HIS,
Through obedience to His Word in the power of the Holy Spirit
TO MAKE HIM KNOWN
Through missional living and supporting the Great Commission at home and around the world.